Last Modified: May 11, 2023
By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract in the jurisdiction in which you live.
If you are a licensee of LeoLabs data product, your use of the product and the LeoLabs platform (platform.leolabs.space) is governed by the terms of the applicable data product license agreement. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the terms of your data product license agreement, the terms of the data product license agreement shall prevail.
We may revise and update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion and without prior notice. We will list the date of the last revision to these Terms at the top of this page, and any changes will take effect immediately upon posting. However, any changes to the dispute resolution provisions set out in the Governing Law and Jurisdiction section of these Terms will not apply to any disputes for which the parties have actual notice on or before the date the change is posted on the Website.
You agree that your continued use of or access to the Website after any revision constitutes your acceptance of the revised version of these Terms. Be sure to visit this page periodically to review the most current version of these Terms.
Changes to and Availability of the Website
We reserve the right to withdraw, suspend, or amend the Website, any part of the Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We may introduce new features or impose limits on certain features or restrict access to parts or all of the Website. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We may update the content on the Website from time to time, but that content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by LeoLabs, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws and international conventions. You acknowledge and agree that the contents of the Website are the exclusive intellectual property of LeoLabs or the applicable rights owner.
Without limiting the previous paragraph, the LeoLabs name, the LeoLabs logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of LeoLabs or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of LeoLabs. Any other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
These Terms permit you to use the Website for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or save as an image file or PDF one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Website.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text or labels.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to email@example.com.
If you print, copy, modify, download, or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Website in breach of the Terms, your right to use the Website will stop immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title, or interest in or to the Website or any content on the Website is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by LeoLabs. Any use of the Website not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use or attempt to use the Website or any services or materials available through the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state or provincial, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries) or court order.
- To violate, circumvent, or infringe the rights of LeoLabs or any other person or entity, including without limitation any intellectual property, contract, privacy, or publicity right.
- For any commercial purpose, except as specifically authorized by us in writing.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate LeoLabs, a LeoLabs employee, or any other person or entity.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm LeoLabs or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Copy, transmit, upload, publish, or store any part of the content of the Website for any purpose not expressly permitted by these Terms.
- Use any robot, script, scraper, spider or other manual or automated means or process to access, scrape, copy, crawl, collect, monitor, or aggregate the content of the Website or any portion of the Website, without our prior written consent, provided however that a limited exception to the foregoing prohibited action is granted to bona fide, general-purpose search engines that use tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Website, provided they do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent and otherwise comply with these Terms.
- Sell, transfer, or license, or offer to sell, transfer, or license, any portion of the Website or its contents in any form to third parties without our express prior written consent.
- Attempt to modify, adapt, decipher, translate, decompile, disassemble, edit or reverse engineer any of the software used by us in connection with the Website.
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
- Solicit, encourage, or assist any person in doing, or attempting to do, any of the foregoing actions.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include or link to content provided by third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by LeoLabs, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the LeoLabs. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Linking to the Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part.
Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, by framing, mirroring, deep linking, or in-line linking.
- Otherwise take any action with respect to the materials on this Website that is inconsistent with any other provision of these Terms.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that content available for viewing or downloading from the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER LEOLABS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH LEOLABS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER LEOLABS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH LEOLABS REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, LEOLABS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LEOLABS, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, OR ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
IF WE ARE FOUND LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT ARISES OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, THEN IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR LIABILITY, IN THE AGGREGATE, EXCEED ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($100) OR ITS EQUIVALENT IN FOREIGN CURRENCY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless LeoLabs, its affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns, from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, or other costs or expenses of any kind (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), that arise out of or relate to (1) to your violation of these Terms, (2) your use of the Website any use of the Website’s content, services, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms, (3) your violation of the law or any rights of third parties, or (4) your use of any information obtained from the Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the Website and these Terms, and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, USA, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction).
Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of California, in each case for the County of San Mateo. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
Use of the Website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these Terms, including without limitation this section relating to Governing Law and Jurisdiction.
Waiver and Severability
No waiver by LeoLabs of any term or condition set out in these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of LeoLabs to assert a right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision or any of LeoLabs’ rights and privileges.
If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent possible such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will be deemed valid and continue in full force and effect.
You may not assign, delegate, or transfer these Terms or your rights or obligations hereunder in any way (by operation of law or otherwise) without our prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign these Terms without consent will be void and without effect. LeoLabs may transfer, assign, or delegate these Terms and our rights and obligations at any time without your consent.
Your Comments and Concerns
This Website is operated by LeoLabs, Inc., 4005 Bohannon Drive, Menlo Park, California 94025.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.