Last updated: May 11, 2023
- When you access or use our Website.
- In forms or electronic messages you submit through the Website.
- When you sign up for, access, or use the Platform.
- When you interact with us via social media that is linked to the Sites.
It does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through the Sites. Your use of a third party’s sites or services is subject to that site’s own privacy policies.
- Information We Collect About You
Depending on how you use or interact with our Sites, we may collect several types of information from and about you, including the following information:
- We may collect information by which you may be personally identified or contacted, such as your first and last name, email address, telephone number, and job title (“personal information“).
- We may collect information that is associated with you but does not identify you individually, such as the organization you work for and its contact information, your country of residence, and the LeoLabs products or services you or your employer may be interested in.
- We may collect technical information, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, the equipment you use to access our Sites (such the hardware, operating system, and browser type, version, and plug-ins you use), the date and time you access the Sites, and your country and general location. We may also collect information on how you use or interact with the Sites, such as which pages you visit and how long you view them, database queries you make, and which website you came from.
- If you create an account, we may collect information about your account, such your username and password, organization identification number, the products or services you or your organization have ordered, and customer service requests you make.
- If you provide us with information about your marketing or communications preferences, such as whether you wish to receive certain communications from us, we will collect that information.
- If you apply for employment with LeoLabs, we will collect information you submit to us in connection with that application, which may include your personal information, mailing or physical address, current employment, work and education history, demographic information, and any other information that is contained in your application.
- How We Collect Information About You
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site.
- From publicly available sources.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Sites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in and submitting forms or creating accounts on our Sites. For example, if you sign up to receive newsletters from LeoLabs, we will collect your email address. If you register to use the Platform, we will collect the information you provide during the registration process.
- Records of your correspondence with us (including email addresses).
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Platform, including database queries and uploads or downloads of data.
- Any other information you provide to us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We do not track your activity across third-party websites or other online services.
Information From Publicly Available Sources
We may collect information that you or your organization make publicly available, such as through your website, press releases, or social media posts.
- How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request or order from us.
- To allow you to create an account to access the Platform, to send you notices about your account, to conduct user surveys and research, and to provide you with customer support.
- To notify you about changes to our Sites, our terms, or any products or services we offer or provide though the Sites.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to inquiries or other communications from you.
- To provide you with information about us or our products and services (subject to your preferences).
- To conduct security investigations, to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activity, or to conduct or cooperate with investigations related to potential criminal activity.
- To perform data analysis, system maintenance, troubleshooting, and other purposes related to the provision, maintenance, and improvement of the Sites or our products and services.
- To evaluate and improve content and website performance for marketing and educational purposes.
- To process and evaluate your application for employment and to contact you in connection with your application.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use and disclose aggregated information, meaning information that has been combined an anonymized and does not identify and is not reasonably capable of being associated with any individual, without restriction.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliated parties.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our products and services or provide tasks on our behalf, such as IT service providers, hosts, or backup services; providers of communication services; research and analytics service providers; and auditors, consultants, insurance advisors, and financial, legal, and other professional advisors.
- As necessary to fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information.
- To the reseller, if you order or purchase products or services through a reseller.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with our obligations under any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to a subpoena, government or regulatory request, court order, or warrant.
- If we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, security, or safety of LeoLabs, our customers, our employees, our service providers, or others.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a sale of all or part of our business, a merger, a change of control, a reorganization, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, or in contemplation of any of these events (for example, as part of the due diligence process).
- Protection of Your Personal Information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Platform or any part of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and to take other steps to prevent unauthorized access to your account, such as limiting access to your device and browser and signing off when you are finished.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information.
- Children Under the Age of 16
The Sites are not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child, we will take steps to delete that information promptly. If you are a parent or legal guardian and you believe we might have any information from or about your child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Your Privacy Rights
If you have created an account, you can review and change the personal information you provided to us by logging into the Platform and visiting your account profile page.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing or industry news email communications from LeoLabs, please use the “Unsubscribe” or “Manage Preferences” link provided in the email you received. You may also request removal from a mailing list by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you unsubscribe from marketing correspondence or newsletters, we may still send you communications regarding your account, messages relating to services you have requested, and legal notices.
Residents of certain states or countries may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see the sections below for more information.
- Your State Privacy Rights and Choices
You may exercise your legal rights under applicable state law with respect to personal information that you have provided to us by sending an email to email@example.com. We will confirm receipt within ten business days, and will endeavor to comply with your request, or to explain why we are unable to comply with all or part of your request, within a reasonable time not to exceed 45 days. To ensure that personal data is not disclosed to a person who has no right to receive it, we may request proof of your identity and residency. If you make a request through an agent, we may request a valid power of attorney or other proof that you gave the agent permission in writing to act on your behalf.
If you have created a user account, we cannot delete your personal information associated with that account except by also deleting your user account. We will not delete any information that we are required by law to retain. We may deny a request to delete information that is necessary for us to perform certain services that you have requested, such as personal information that is used as contact information for an active corporate or entity account, or for other reasons for which applicable law permits us to deny a request. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Information for Persons Located Outside the United States
Certain jurisdictions, including countries within the European Economic Area (including European Union member states), the United Kingdom, and Switzerland, may provide additional legal rights with respect to our handling of your personal data. These rights may include the right to access your personal information, correct inaccurate information, request deletion of personal information, and obtain information about LeoLabs’ processing and sharing of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to exercise a right granted under the laws of your jurisdiction that relates to LeoLabs’ handling of your personal data, please submit an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.